Turn Thrift Store chair into French Beauty...the EASY WAY! - The Style Sisters
DIY

Turn Thrift Store chair into French Beauty...the EASY WAY!

By The Style Sisters - Saturday, April 22, 2017

Turn a thrift store chair into French Beauty the EASY WAY!!!
Yes this beautiful French looking chair came from a Thrift Store!!
Thrift Store chair makeover the EASY WAY, The Style Sisters, Quick chair makeover, DIY

I could see the potential of it when I saw it sitting in the store.

Here is the before...it was a yucky old antiqued yellow chair with 80's striped fabric on it. I swear I remember seeing this chair in some of my friends houses growing up!
Thrift Store chair makeover the EASY WAY, The Style Sisters, Quick chair makeover, DIY
But notice the curvey french looking legs? uh huh Love that!
Notice the cane backs all in perfect condition...uh huh I love that too!
Notice the cute girl working so hard to help her mom uh huh I LOVE LOVE that! This is Madeline my oldest daughter from Eyes of Mad Blog who does the most amazing baby showers!!
Here and Here
All we did to these chairs was lightly sand and paint and then we wipe off the paint in places so they looked like they had an old patina to them. The cool thing about this is...because they were old the old oils came through and slightly yellowed the white paint to make them really look like they have a patina on them.
Then we sanded in a few spots here and there to make it look weathered.
Here is my beauty all gussied up. No primer, no having to be so careful... the messier the better.
Of course I had to change out that rocking 1980's fabric to something a little more cottage beachy looking. I found this gorgeeeous fabric at Joann's fabrics and had a coupon and got it for a great price....although I can't remember how much I paid for it now but it was good. We took off the old and stapled on the new!
I am so thrilled with how they turned out and so simple...all that was need was.just a little free child labor he he he
Uh Huh I LOVE THAT!! AND OF COURSE I LOVE HER TOO!!
After we put the chairs in the dinning room and oohed and ahhed over the new chairs I was not liking my beige parsons chairs that sit at each end of the table.....so...here is what I did to tie them into the room...you are going to love this! I simply took some of my left over fabric folded into thirds and tucked one end into the seam where the seat and back come together and brought the fabric up and over the top to hang down the back of the chair......it just kind of hung there but I knew I was on to something.... I decided it needed some "jewelry" I scrounged around in my messy buffet drawers and found I had these old goldish looking sea shell napkin rings.... so I cinched the flowing fabric around with some leftover cording (stuff you use to make pipping). It looks like rope but really soft and attached the sea shell to finish it off and
HELLO MY CUTENESS! NO SEWING INVOLVED!!
Thrift Store chair makeover the EASY WAY, The Style Sisters, Quick chair makeover, DIY

Just think I can change out the fabric on a whim for a different look!....I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!
(mine and my sisters fav saying...it has to be amazing to get 3 loves)
Here is my Gorgeeeous dining room all prettied up.
Thrift Store chair makeover the EASY WAY, The Style Sisters, Quick chair makeover, DIY

I could see the potential of it when I saw it sitting in the store.
I was featured on The DIY Show off!

The DIY Show Off


Tomorrow I will tell you more about the other thrift store items in this room...
I am linking up to some fun linky parties
Market Yourself Monday
Mad Skills @ Mad In Crafts
Inspire Me Monday @ Singing Three Little Birds
Show Off Your Cottage
Creative Me @ The Southern Institute
Pink Hippo Party @ Pinkapotamus

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Comments

google.com, pub-6147156586187059, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0